Mindfreedom Ireland had it's 10th Anniversary Conference in the Rochestown Hotel on 28th of September 2013. Video of the the speeches at the event is presented below
The speakers where
- Patrice Campion - "The intersubjectivity of companionanimals: dogs’ natural healing capacity as a creative response to distress."
- Gordon Lucas - "Redefining recovery to rob us of success"
- Leonie Fennell - "Informed consent – what’s the problem? A mother’s search for answers following the death of her son."
- Dr. Bob Johnson - "Goodbye psychosis – cutting its roots and getting rid."
- Dr. Terry Lynch - "From medicalisation to understanding: changing the mental health paradigm."
- Greg White - "Soul lost –Soul regained."
The morning began with a very peaceful and calming mindfulness meditation guided by Alison Winfield. After the lunch break, she guided us all back to ourselves with another meditation, and was followed by Rose Allen, who gave a brief introduction to Homoeopathy & it's benefits.
There was also music & song from members of Mindfreedom Ireland. The day finished out with a circle dance led by Collete Ni Dhuinneacha, in which the audience was invited to participate.